Saturday, April 4, 2009

Peanut butter and jelly cupcakes



So, after reading a post on cupcakes take the cake, http://cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com/2009/04/would-you-eat-peanut-butter-and-jelly.html, I decided to post about my own peanut butter and jelly cupcakes. I've tried this twice, with differing results. The second time was definitely better. These were the first try, a little messy looking. I put dollops of jelly on top to show what flavor was filled inside.





These are also peanut butter cupcakes, filled with jelly, topped with peanut butter frosting. I added purple sanding sugar to indicate the flavor of jelly inside. I just love cupcakes with a surprise! Both times the liners fell away from the baked cupcakes, not sure why. These are super rich and must be enjoyed with a cold glass of milk.

No comments: