Thursday, May 19, 2011

Cake Pops and Sprinkles


After donating the 800 cake pops a few months ago, I got a few calls to make more, but this time, I got paid!

These pops were for a last minute event, so I had less than 48 hours to get these together. The order was for 200 pops though, so it didn't quite take as long.

While prepping to make the pops, I set out my big tub of nonpareil sprinkles so I could easily access it when I needed. Well, a swift jab of the elbow and the sprinkles went flying!

It was so pretty I had to take a picture :) Fortunately, I was able to save most of them, but I was finding little colored balls on the floor for a while after that.


Anyways, finished the cake pops on time and delivered them. It gets easier and easier every time I do them, and I usually learn new tips and techniques too with more practice. Fun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What are some of your tips for Cake Pops?
I tried making Cake Balls just before Easter and they were MUCH harder than I expected - not in technique, but in messy, stickyness, amount of time, freezing, hardening of the coating, etc.

I'm sure people would love to hear some tips! I know I would

AZED said...

My mom actually just bought me the cake pop kit for Christmas. I love it! I've used it twice, but the first time I burnt chocolate and melted a bowl (I'm new to this baking deal ahah) but I realized I have to use thicker sticks because the ones they come with are too thin and flimsy and break the ball.
But I'm not too sure what is the best chocolate to use.